EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index EMF-TheBand.com
Official EMF Meeting Place

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Please!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index -> Blah Blah Blah
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louweezles
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Help Please!! Reply with quote

O.K so heres the thing.
I'm getting married in about three weeks and the man has no idea about music. We can't agree on what to play when we're signing the contract. Please suggest something good - it doesnt have to be anything by EMF or even anything like EMF.
THE MAN WANTS TO PLAY KISS'S 'I WAS MADE FOR LOVIN' YOU BABY'!! - HELP ME!!!!!!!

There has to be something out there that we can both agree on - why am i marrying a bogan - it must be love, or stupidity.....who knows.

Please help and suggest something good before i run off to join the circus.
Rob

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Please!! Reply with quote

Much more appropriate as a song during the reception. During the ceremony, and I'm assuming this is in a church, it's far nicer to just get the organist to randomly noodle on the instrument as a bit of background music.

Explain to your fiancee that this isn't Rock and Roll Wrestling and you don't need some bombastic rock music to be underscoring this part of the ceremony. Indeed, it will lead to half your audience thinking, "What the **** is this all about?"

And going down the route of cheesy "I love you" style ballads that will sound hoary in a month's time, let alone in a year or two when you re-watch the ceremony, is a bad idea too.

Best to go with the random organ noodling or, if you're having a singer too, something classic like Ave Maria that has stood the test of time, and is appropriate 100 years ago, today and 100 years from now.

Top Comics (October) 1. Rex Mundi; 2. Star Wars: Empire/Republic/Tales; 3. Ex Machina; 4. Gotham Central; 5. The Losers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Louweezles
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that this is the reason why i don't normally go near my computer after being down at the pub. Sorry.
However, discussions are underway about the removal of Kiss from any nuptuals.

It might be a casual, almost piss take, in a park but it can only go so far.

This whole wedding business is a pain in the arse - none of my mates thought i'd ever do it but it should be a good laugh.

That sounds really bad - the marriage is serious, it's just the wedding thats not......if that makes sense.

Hmmmmm, maybe i should stop spending so much time at the pub.

Sorry again!!
Math
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey no need to apolagise some of the best ideas are formed staring at the bottom of an empty beer glass! ule have to let us know what happens next!
Louweezles
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright it's official we're f**ked!

There's only a week to go and still no musical decision has been made.

I just don't know what to do anymore. Maybe i can walk down the aisle to 'eye of the tiger' and pretend that i'm Rocky...maybe not.

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Don't do it - this wedding business is crap.

I knew we should've gone to Vegas and had an Elvis wedding - hey maybe we can play Viva Las Vegas....

perhaps i should be taking this more seriously, but then where would be the fun in that.
Louweezles
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we did it!

There is now a Mr Louweezles.

In case you were wondering it's apparently not good etiquete for the bride to get s**t faced and down a jug of beer whilst sitting at the lads table....if only i knew that sooner.

Oh well maybe i'll remember that for my next wedding.
Math
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so did you decide on any music ?
Louweezles
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry Math - yes we did.

I'm easily side tracked.

A friend of mine played some didge as i was walking into the park and then we just had some tunes coming through the PA after. A song by Jodi Phillis (Sydney musician), and a song by G. Love, the rest of the day from this point is a blur. So no crappy ballads and no Kiss....the day was saved.
Math
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad it all worked out in the end, sounds good with a bit of didge- are you going on honeymoon?(if you dont mind me asking?)
Louweezles
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from the first half of the honeymoon - had a week on the coast in lush 5 star style, complete with hang gliding and surfing lessons.

Got a few days at home to sort some stuff out then off on the second half - a camping trip on a different beach with my beloved dog.

Can't wait - i love summer!!!
Math
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish it was summer here Crying or Very sad anyhow congrats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index -> Blah Blah Blah All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: