EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index EMF-TheBand.com
Official EMF Meeting Place

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Birmingham/Brixton Aftershows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcus_tandy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Birmingham/Brixton Aftershows Reply with quote

I posted this on the Carter forum and thought some of you may be interested.
Marc

Hello everyone,

As you may know the Carter USM gig at The Brixton Academy (Nov 22nd) is totally SOLD OUT. The Birmingham Academy gig (Nov 21st) only has a few hundred left to boot. With tickets for the gigs themselves almost taken care of it's time to talk aftershows. After the high of a Carter gig you will want to carry on the good times I'm sure. Here is how!

For the Birmingham Academy gig everyone attending the show will be allowed to stay on free of charge at The Birmingham Academy for the club night afterwards. It's called 'Ramshackle' and details are here: http://www.ramshackle.org.uk/birmingham/ We are also arranging a rather special guest DJ to play some ace nineties indie tunes for you. Stay tuned for more info in the forthcoming months.

After the Brixton gig there is a special aftershow event. This is being held at the venue 'Jamm' in Brixton and will run from 11pm – 5am. No need for those out of towners to book a pricey hotel. You can just party all night and get the first train home!

The organizers are putting on an amazing event that looks to better the one from last year. The night will have a mix of bands and DJs and will be a fantastic place to go after the Carter gig. There are also plans for a food stall/bbq outside this time if any of you get peckish.

And I am delighted to announce the first three confirmed acts. Already booked to play are The Frank and Walters (really!), Ange Dolittle (from Eat) and The Bridport Dagger. Stay tuned to the Carter forum for more updates on the line-up as bands are confirmed.

The pay on the door price is the same as last year (a tenner) but you can get advance tickets on ticketweb from here:

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk - search for 'Carter'

I would advise doing this as the organizers sold 500 advance tickets last time and Jamm only holds 600.

You can get money off the face value price when buying by ticketweb by simply entering JIMBAT in the code section. There will be a discount £3.00 off the face value of £10.

If you have any questions please email me at marc.ollington@gmail.com This event isn't being organized by me or Carter USM but I am involved in making it a great night, and I am working with the promoter to ensure it will be a fantastic gig and celebration in its own right.

Stay tuned for more updates… less than six months to go these gigs. I can't wait already,

Marc x
Scott
Official Photographer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would they be the official aftershow parties for Carter/USM though?

I thought the band aftershow's were kept fairly low key..
VERYMETALNOISEPOLLUTED
Knows about "that song..."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:

I thought the band aftershow's were kept fairly low key..

The one last year wasn't! Very Happy
marcus_tandy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst these aren't the small official aftershows you have at the venue for pass holders these are where fans, friends and family head down to if they want to carry on partying. It's where I'll certainly go once I finish all by work after the shows, and it's where the crew and band will too.

Last year Fruitbat even got up on stage at the Aftershow at Jamm, and did a song with the band Allergy.

Just so you know over half the tickets have gone for this in a week!
Marc - Carter's Manager
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index -> Gigs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: