EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index EMF-TheBand.com
Official EMF Meeting Place

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iTunes Remix Album
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VERYMETALNOISEPOLLUTED
Knows about "that song..."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mark, I can't wait for brum in november. Very Happy
Cara
The Webmaster
The Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New Material Reply with quote

Mark D wrote:

At present we are just concentrating on the shows we have in front of us. we want to make sure we give the best shows we can, maybe change the set around, add a few songs not heard for a while..you all know what I mean..

How about a show in NYC?? Cool
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a show in Oz?

Mark, I am glad you are having a great time. Thanks so much for being part of the best music ever.
morrisphilco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to reply to what mark said about the album being limited (if one's made).

Even though it's been over a decade since Cha Cha Cha. A label is soon to be a thing of the past. Example: Nine Inch Nails, they've (well he actually) aren't on any labels and they're still get attention (Yes I know NIN are still big after all these years). Less popular band example: A Flock Of Seagulls, No label, Not too popular anymore, They're appearently are working on an album.

We are now in a time where retro bands are becoming cool. if you guys were to make a new album, made the music and the artwork you could send it to CDbaby.com and for $55 get it put out there (itunes etc). EMF still has enough credibility to where if something new by you guy's came out it would get noticed, even if it was just a one new song. even if it was a song that was slapped together the day before a gig and recorded live.

Just saying Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - no label/ record company is no problem these days. I am sure a new album would get interest/ coverage. Look at the response to EMF touring again.

As much as I want this to happen, I am being realistic. I know that a new album would be a major committment by all involved, and maybe the band isn't able to do this at the moment. I am not clamouring for this because I want to make James, Derry, Mark, Ian, Richard busier than they can handle, I am asking because EMF make the best music of all time.

I love this band more than even I can put into words. Stigma is my album, I feel as though it was written for me. I remember the thrill and excitement I felt the first time I listened to Schubert Dip, Unexplained EP, Stigma, Cha Cha Cha, Afro King EP and I would give anything to capture that feeling again.
Scott
Official Photographer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so our support is appreciated, it was also apparent at the Scala too - I think James was taken back at first!
Cara
The Webmaster
The Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget about Radiohead... they give away their albums on the honor-system. Not sure if they have a label but I'd think not.

NIN gave their new one away but I think he's putting it on CD and in stores now too...

EMF definitely doesn't need a record label. Everything is via the internet these days!
unexplained

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Trent God Reznor knows there are insane people like me that wants

everything in phisical format too.

i don't like itunes and to download music on the net, but i will do anything

to get any emf new track.

how about a show in Argentina ? Laughing . yeah i know that's near

impossible. it's nice to hear you are playing again, that's enough for me.

At least jesus & mary chain are coming to play here this year Wink , woowwwowow.
Mark D
Band Member
Band Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: New Material Reply with quote

I must admit I'm chuffed to bits everyone feels the way you do...it's humbling to be honest with you.

I also know that I may be alittle behind the times with the "ways & wo's" of music on the internet...I only got an ipod last year and a mac so I do feel I'm getting somewhere at last. I like being able to just purchase something easily but I do miss the excitement of the old days...going to a store to buy a Vinyl!

Luckily we have enough industry people still working with us to advise on best routes and options if the possibility of new material comes up.

I will say now that we have had a couple of jams to see what the vibe is and it's been fairly good considering as a band we have been out of it for a while to say the least.

I personally hope we can do something, believe it or not the main concern is what would we do if it became very popular leading to us being on the road for ever and ever...that isn't an option for a few of us now, what with families to bring up etc...

I'll have to get a deal on hair dye soon the amount of Grey un's that keep showing up!! Crying or Very sad

I agree with most of your comments, if we did this it would have to be done as a download to start with. then depending on the demand maybe CD's could be produced.

It definitely wouldn't be given away like the Radio CD...they can afford to buy a small Country...I have ajob to afford bog roll

Very Happy

All I can say is that don't get too excited just yet, we (the band) have to see what we can do and at the end of the day.....it HAS to be blinding what ever it is..I can not put myself through the likes of Afro King again..

I would rather by Simon Cowells best mate!!!! Crying or Very sad

cheers for now....

see you at...

Kendal ??

Birmingham ??

Brixton ??
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melbourne Question

Hey Mark, Too Much and Easy from Afro King EP are amazing Shocked

I'm with you on the technology thing Laughing I'm still using a Mac that is 6 years old!

I am happy to pay full price for a download album, I definitely do not expect a free album.

Mark, no other band does blinding like EMF. Just think I Believe, Far From Me, They're Here, It's You, Inside, Skin, Slouch, Too Much - that's the sound that still rocks me after all these years.

Thanks for responding to us and for being part of such awesome music.
Scott
Official Photographer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: New Material Reply with quote

Mark D wrote:
.....it HAS to be blinding what ever it is..I can not put myself through the likes of Afro King again..

Now that did make me chuckle.
morrisphilco

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: New Material Reply with quote

Mark D wrote:
I can not put myself through the likes of Afro King again.

was the Cha Cha Cha era/post-Cha Cha Cha era really that bad? you always seem to talk negative about that era when anything from it is brought up in the fourms.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cha Cha Cha and post-album era was certainly the most prolific time for the band. I really like a lot of the songs from that time. "I Won't Give In To You" and "Kill For You" from the Perfect Day EP are great songs.
Mark D
Band Member
Band Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think I came across so negative as that about Cha Cha Cha....

the thing is it was a difficult period for the band, writing became a chore it wasn't about having fun anymore....we were tired of the whole process, the affects it was having on us all....I guess it was our first time dealing with pressure..

It's was a very strange position to be in, first two LP's were fun and filled with passion. The last one was not so great. I think we could tell we were heading off the rails in every since...it was a case of just make an album to keep the label happy. also take it into account that we had been through a 2 year court battle to get out of the EMI contract in the States.....we got stitched up over there. It was a case of 4 labels being made into one, we ended up with a bunch of tossers looking after us who couldn't give a shit...hence we feel off the planet with Stigma in the USA. UK and Europe loved and worked it well, we toured extensively aswell..the USA though hit us hard, we didn't go back after that.
We hit the studio to get the 3rd CD done, everyone bar ID was off their nut best part of the time, we lost some people close to us, my dog died, my other half buggered off (breaking my heart)...I ended up in Hospital with a nervous breakdown, I was overdoing it though...work, stress, smoking too much puff...I was in a right state and drums were the last thing on my mind.
Maybe now you can understand why I'm not so cheerful about that period in my life.

Today is very much a new chapter....and boy are we enjoying it.

Heres to 2008/09 EMF kicking ass once more!!
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mark, I remember the piece about you in Select magazine and you alluded to the rough time you had shortly before Cha Cha Cha. I think you passed out while trying to finish up Shining - at least that's what I remember reading. We don't often hear about the 'inside' of what happens in music - I can imagine the pressure you guys would have been under on Cha Cha Cha, seeing as how Stigma didn't sell as strongly as Schubert Dip (I'll never understand why that album wasn't a huge hit).

I know I sound repetitive, but I really enjoy all EMF's music, and I think some of the stuff that came out in 1995 was absolutely awesome. I was going through a rough time in my life from about 1992 - 1996 and Stigma and Cha Cha Cha played a huge role in me getting through that rough patch. That's why EMF means so much to me.

Last edited by JasonBL on Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: