EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index EMF-TheBand.com
Official EMF Meeting Place

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fanflipping tastic gigs!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you all had an amazing time! It's cool ID was there too.
villf1
Knows about "that song..."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark what a bleeding nightmare!! yep the party (or small gathering!!!) was in the VIP bar upstairs but you had to go round the back and have a pink wrist band which apparantly you had to get from the stage door! (before you went in!) Luckily Derry came out with some wrist bands for us but we still didn't have enough so once in people slipped off their bands and passed them down to us so we could all get in!!!! sneaky!!!!

Glad you eventually got home ok but not what you need when you have a raging hangover!!!!
markreed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pictures from Birmingham...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mark-reed/tags/emf/page3/
VERYMETALNOISEPOLLUTED

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, i'm also now the proud owner of a drum stick from the brum gig, cheers mark. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool pics...
mrkl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did they play LSD at Brixton ???? i don't remember....... Confused
Lasse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote an article for my internet magazin (in german). You can read it here:

http://www.crazewire.de/berichte/konzertbericht/carter-usm--emf/57/

Greetings from Lasse
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasse, is there any way that you can translate this to English so that we can enjoy your article?
Lasse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed I know it´s not really smart to post a german article here...

... I will try to translate it tonight. So you guys can read it, too.

Take Care

Lasse
Lasse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ähm...something like that:

It was naturally surprising, when Carter USM announced two concerts in april this year. Hadn’t we just been in London last year attending the last official concert of one of the most popular british bands ever and crying our eyes out? Obviously Jimbob and Fruitbat had not expected this excitement which they experienced during their farewell concert and went on and planned two further shows. For many of us this appeared rather strange and a feeling of a rip off came up. As a consequence not as many Germans were willing to go to London as in the last year.

The Band could not have cared less. The Brixton Academy was packed! And clearly not because of the first Support Band SMASH. They had to begin around seven for a bunch of fans. It wasn’t that bad what the trio performed but also not the best I have listened to. The first highlight came up about an hour later, when EMF, famous for their world success „Unbelievable“, came on stage. And that after having paused for 12 years. In the meantime a lot of things had happened: their bassist Zac Foley passed away in 2002 through an overdose of various drugs – leaving behind a deep emptienes (?!) - and the guitar player Ian Dench seams to have other duties right now. But in the next 45 minutes the Band surely prooved to still be one of the worlds best Live-Acts: Children, I Believe, Inside and the incredible Unbelievable were the key-songs of their fantastic Comeback.

It was more than obvious that 90 percent of the crowd had actually come for Carter USM. During their opener Surfin USM the audience went crazy. Watching the action in the front rows, you couldn’t get the impression that this was a band, that would be forgotten in the closer future.
For two hours the Duo played their Greatest Hits Set, „satisfying“ the crowd. And they covered The Smiths (Panic) and made fun of The Wonderstuff. Everywhere you saw sweaty and happy faces. But looking into the seated area you experienced the exact opposite to the front rows and to last years concert: no movement, nobody singing or dancing (except during the Encore) – and that a girl next to me actually fell asleep after an hour and left the concert ten minutes later really changed my point of view.... and left a mouldy aftertaste (haha, I can´t translate the german sentence).

Lasse
Mark D
Band Member
Band Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Great gigs and fun had by all Reply with quote

How do!
I would just like to say on behalf of the band a big thank you to ALL the EMF fans that made it to the two Carter shows.

I personally thought Birmingham wasn't the best for us, we had several technical issues going for best part of the first half of the show and I don't care how professional we are supposed to be it is really difficult to give 110% when shit like that is happening, so apologies there if anyone thought it fell short of our usual standard..

Brixton on the other hand was fookin mental, we had a ball from start to finish. it was kind of putting a ghost to bed for us as the last time we played there was when we supported Terravison years ago and...lets just say it didn't go all too well Wink

So all in all I think it's fair to say young Tim did more than required for a Guitarist, really credit goes out to him, he's a pro through and through and we wouldn't want anything less on stage with us. I know he was high as a kite for days afterwards so thank you all for making him feel so welcome.

Finally....I would like to say a big THANK YOU to the Les and Fruitbat (Carter USM) for putting together such a wonderful night and inviting us along...

I personally would like to apologize to anyone (half of which I can not remember, sorry!) who had the miss fortune to hang out with me after the show....I was clattered by 10pm so gods knows what I was saying or doing by midnight! I vaguely remember going to an after-show somewhere and (no thanks to youtube) am now aware of us performing at 4am in the morning..oh dear Smile well being a hard working father of two I don't get let out too often anymore.......and this was well and truly overdue..Smile

Once again thanks to everyone, hoped you enjoyed it all as much as we did.

There is more fun planned for 2009.....

Stay safe and have a wonderful Christmas

Mark D and EMF
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, I am glad you are enjoying the gigs and there is more to come next year. How about coming to Australia? I hope EMF has a huge and successful 2009.
CRAZYCARTERCREW

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only just come across this board, i wish i'd found it years ago coz i have always loved EMF. Saw them loads back in the day + at the scala last Dec and always loved their live gigs.

When Carter announced their 2 gigs this year i was praying EMF might just get the main support slots and for the first time bring together what i believe are the 2 best English bands of the early/mid 90's and with out doubt the 2 most energetic and hardcore live acts. I saw them together more than a few times inc abroad and although the fans never always saw eye to eye i was always an exception to the rule who fookin loved em both! The birmingham gig was superb and it was rammed full. When Girl of an age was announced i could have cried. The Brixton gig was always going to be special for the Carter camp but to see Derry jumping about like old times on that huge famous old stage was special too. Brilliant sets both nights, shite loads of energy on stage and 2 of the best barnets in music too with Richard & Tim!! Nice to see the band down at the Jamm Carter aftershow and even a cheeky "superband" live version of Unbelievable Cool

Fingers crossed for more headline EMF gigs in 09. I for one would be there with bells on.
Mark D
Band Member
Band Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: 2009 Reply with quote

As always you complimentary comments are well received by the all of us in the EMF camp, playing live well is so important to us, but playing with energy is second to none.
I have a feeling the live shows in 2009 will be even more spectacular with some of the ideas being discussed within the band.. Wink

As always though we appreciate all the kind words and support..

Have a wonderful Christmas and New year

Mark d
VERYMETALNOISEPOLLUTED

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index -> Gigs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: