EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index EMF-TheBand.com
Official EMF Meeting Place

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

musical thoughts from a cranky commuter....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louweezles
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: musical thoughts from a cranky commuter.... Reply with quote

After being stuck on public transport for almost 2 hours this morning with only my ipod to keep me sane it made me think about stuff....like how come this dude standing next to me decided not to put on deodorant, and why does that lady have really long thumbnails but short fingernails...and just about music too.

So it's the middle of winter and not really gig-going season but there are a heap of good shows coming up here soon....and most of them are old faves from back when i was young, slightly sillier and a bit thinner. Which of course made me think of the wonderful EMF.

The way i figure it - if the Happy Mondays and Janes Addiction can sell out Splendour in the Grass (perhaps with a bit of help from other bands too) then other 90's bands should be able to do the same....or at least Meredith (which sells out every year anyway so its a sure thing)! AND....Janes Addiction sold out all their side shows! So maybe i'm just excited that i get to see them twice in a week....but still if other 90's awesomeness can do it....

Hell - the B52's are touiring with the Proclaimers! Whats going on with that?!?!?!

Anyway - i guess where i'm heading with this is just my usual 'boo wah - i live on the other side of the earth and you should tour here' and....'other people are doing it so you should too'....and what other bands would you still like to see if you liked them way back when or still listen to them now cos you think modern music is a bit shit really?
Louweezles
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mental note to self....not wise to rant before drinking second coffee....
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rant away Lou, cause I'm with you all the way. Here's a bold statement that I am going to make: I bet 100% that I am the only person on Earth who listens to at least some of Stigma, and most days the whole album, every day of my life. I am being 100% honest here, 100%. I don't know anything about how music is made, or how to play a musical instrument, but I bet I could play something from Stigma, that's how intimately I know it.

Every single day of my life I listen to EMF. The only music I play for my son, with the exception of the bloody Wiggles, is EMF. The only music I buy these days is EMF; I have been buying singles of eBay.

EMF and Stigma are my life.
Louweezles
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i'm guessing that you're not making the trek for Splendour then? Given the lack of Stigma that is Wink

C'mon - there has to be other bands you would like to see too...i mean you can't fill a whole festival based on one album....or maybe you can and i'm just doing it all wrong. Razz

I think your bold statement may also be entirely accurate! You're certainly the only person in this hemisphere that does it - and for that i think you deserve a reward....like a tour maybe (hint hint)

Subtlety - not a strong point....
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou, I have to agree with you; I DESERVE A TOUR!

I honestly don't really listen to anything else right now, with the exception of some Matisyahu once in a while. I am going to his Melbourne concert next month. I chat with him on Twitter regularly, so I am hoping I can meet him when he is here.
Louweezles
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason - i am always right Wink

Looks like they'd better get their butts over here for Meredith then hey? Or would you prefer your well deserved performance to be separate from a festival?

There has to be other bands that people would like to see given half a chance! Growing up in Adelaide there are tonnes of bands i missed out on and would love to see now! Hell - i had to 'borrow' a car and drive for 8 hours to see EMF!

Hope Matisyahu rocks yr jocks Smile
Lasse
Knows about "that song..."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me it is difficult to explain it in english. but there are other bands. I love Ericīs Trip or Brandtson maybe more than EMF, cause I listen to this Bands in difficult and sad times so there is a stronger relationship to the music or the lyrics.
BUT EMF is one of maybe 4 or 5 Bands I listen to every month. And that since Schubert Dip. Thats 18 years ago. I grow up with them. I wear Baseball caps cause they did (and I still do it every Day Confused ) I start a Band cause I wanted to be like them as I was a 13 year old guy (and I still play in this Band)... You know they are such an influence for me. But time is changing Sad I am happy that I found this forum to see that there are other people who like EMF, too. And thtīs good to know.

Thank you EMF and Take Care...
Louweezles
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats worse than knowing EMF won't ever come to Australia?

Having 2 lots of tickets to see Janes Addiction (and airfares and shit to Splendour) just to find out they've cancelled the tour!

Today totally sucks balls Sad Sad Sad Sad
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a positive note, I am going to see Matisyahu in concert in 3 weeks. YAH!
Louweezles
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that didn't make me feel any better.....

Hope it's a great show though Jason Very Happy
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the problem is that the show is smack bang in the middle of my first week in a new job! I don't stay out late these days (thanks to having a toddler) and I can't even remember the last time I went to a gig! So, I'll probably be wrecked the next day - LOL! Can't wait for it though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: