EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index EMF-TheBand.com
Official EMF Meeting Place

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black Heart Dolls
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index -> Post - EMF Bands
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark D
Band Member
Band Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Black Heart Dolls Reply with quote

How do campers?

Just to give you a quick update on what I have been up to of late.

Tim (the beautifully elegant monster guitarist that stepped in for ID on the MEF gigs) and I have been working on a brand new project, which is coming along amazingly...the project is called "Black Heart Dolls", good news is we have around 20 or so songs already and have been in to start recording the project. All going well we should have some rough mixes loaded up on our new myspace page very soon. we are aiming to get the full album finished before Christmas if we can.....so far it's all looking good.

Cara will post the news regarding myspace as soon as it is finished.....drop by if you can I think you may like what we have created.

Catch up with you all again very soon

Go steady

Mark
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear this Mark! Can you give us a hint of what the music is like? Rock? Techno? Something else? Can't wait to hear it.

Good luck on this new project! Very Happy I'll be supporting all the way from Oz.
Math
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant news - and once recorded- live shows perchance????????
unexplained
Knows about "that song..."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great News. Can't wait to put my ears in those Black Heart Dolls Twisted Evil
Scott
Official Photographer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knowing what a perfectionist MD is, Im sure its going to sound great Very Happy

And with the 'diesel-fuelled-punkrawk-mohawk'd-funkmiester that is Tim playing guitar Im genuinly excited to hear and see...

Get your FMB's on girls! Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing

I wonder if the old codger can stand the pace..... Wink
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FMBs? Confused
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FMB's or F...k Me Boots
Tall, tight & sexy women footwear.
That type of boots that cries out "EAT ME!"

There's music coming, there's music coming! Very Happy Very Happy Cool
BHD-Black Heart Dolls... yummy... love the name... humm... can't wait Exclamation

Time to shopping Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
mrkl
Knows about "that song..."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello !

Great to hear that there's new stuff coming out from part of MEF' Guys !!!!!

Can't wait to hear, or even see live ??? would be great !

yeah, worldwide support, from switzerland too !!

cheers !
Mark D
Band Member
Band Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right then Smile

Black Heart Dolls....uhmmm the best way to describe the Music..uhmmm.....it's sexy, classy, heavy (when it needs to be), sheer brilliance though if I say so myself....best music I've done since Stigma from my personal point of view.
Tim and I have been influenced by similar bands over the years and I think you can hear them coming though on BHD. From my point of view it's been Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, Placebo, Janes A, Feeder, Kasabian, that influence me but there is definitely a strong flow of pop running through it to..

we have around 25 tunes now, 13 of which are being lined up for an album. there will be live dates for sure not sure on when, what or where though...it would be great to play the UK but I think we'll end up aboard more with this one...just a feeling though Wink

I absolutely love heavy stuff and always have, I don't mind the odd bleep, blob and sample for tarting things up but that's as far as I go. I have no interest or love for techno or dance music....it's boring as shite to listen to and watch....and I've got the t-shirt and mental scares. I have never understood the DJ culture, it's wrong in my opinion paying these idiots to play other peoples music...just my own opinion though. Personally, there is nothing better than hearing it go off on an album where you can actually hear the guys in the studio playing real instruments and aving it!...best feeling ever.

Tim is without doubt the best guy I have worked with for a f**k of a long time...I'm honored to be writing and working with him...we both love this project very much.

as for young Scotty's comment.....you know I can handle the pace geezer, I'll just be a broken man afterwards Smile

Tracks may be up in around 2 weeks if we're lucky

cheers for now

Md x
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 weeks! Can't wait to hear some BHD!

Given your thoughts on techno, I'd be interested to know how you feel about Stigma 17 years after the album came out. From stuff that I have heard Derry say, the techno/ rave environment of 1992 had a huge influence on that album.
Mark D
Band Member
Band Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer Jason's question....

Stigma was my fav in all honesty because it was harder sounding, I come from a rock back ground so that one really did it for me personally. Emotionally it was pretty stressful coming off the back of the success of Schubert dip, our ego's (well not ID's) were well and truly out of control at this stage....cars were a big thing at the time...I used to turn up to Rockfield studios in a wanky BMW convertible for f***s sake....how wank is that! I thought I was the S**t at the time mind Smile...all changed now thank god.

I understand what DB is saying but from my perspective Stigma was more of a reaction from us after not being taken seriously with Schubert dip. We did take alot of bad press and reviews personally, couple that with doing gigs/tours and festivals along side really heavy bands over a period of nearly two years we just toughened up sound wise.....god you only have to look at the amount of tattoos that we had during that period aswell. I guess it was us being young and very influenced by the environment we were in.

The dance and techno of the late 80's affected us more as you can hear on Schubert dip. We were going to parties in those days just to get off it....up all night you know the score Smile

I was more influenced by rock and music that crossed over so I came in from a kind Rock meets robots angle....drumming as hard as I could like a machine!

It's funny cause nowadays if I listen to MEF I only listen to Stigma.....unbeleivable is what it is a very good song and all credit to ID for the that one...he had the riff and thats what we all remember...god bless im!

Anyway BHD is tickling my fancy something rotten and if you liked Stigma I think you will love this because BHD take that idea and vibe further and through some other influences in aswell...

The first batch of three songs I can honestly say with my hand I have the best drum sound I have ever had.....somehow over the years I am finally getting the hang of this art Wink

Take care and thank you for your support

cheers

Md
Jo Pergolis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just come back from my hols to this fab news!! So can't wait to hear your tracks Mark/Tim. Make sure you keep us all up to date with gigs, as you know me, love a good old mosh up getting sweaty. Well happy now, got something to look forward to in my old age lol Wink
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, it's so cool to read your thoughts on Stigma.

I'm even more excited about BHD after reading your post.
Louweezles
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark D wrote:

there will be live dates for sure not sure on when, what or where though...it would be great to play the UK but I think we'll end up aboard more with this one...just a feeling though Wink

Abroad? Did someone say abroad? Thats really code for Australia right? Razz

i need some new music....this is very good news indeed!
Sarah G

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow what can I say ..... this has made my day Tim/Mark can't wait to hear n be at the live dates - and I 2nd what Jo wrote x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index -> Post - EMF Bands All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: