EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index EMF-TheBand.com
Official EMF Meeting Place

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy 18th birthday to STIGMA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Happy 18th birthday to STIGMA Reply with quote

On this day, 3 November, in 1992 the greatest sonic maelstrom of all time grabbed hold of me and never let go.

Happy Birthday to STIGMA, which was released on this day 18 years ago. My adult life has been set to your soundtrack; your frenetic noise has been a constant in the background. Now, a new generation is learning what real music is; my 2 year old son gets into my car and asks me to play this album.

STIGMA means everything to me. The 10 songs on the CD define me. James, Ian, Derry, Zac, Mark - thank you for the most amazing, rich, intense, riveting and down-right ear splitting piece of music of all time.

Beautiful exists, simply for its own sake.
Scott
Official Photographer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm makes me feel old, but I do remember when I got Stigma... the pure excitement of waiting for that album, it did not disappoint.

Its got everything for me, 18 years... blimey. I always enjoy hearing Stigma tracks live, still gives you a chill. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Cara
The Webmaster
The Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the exact moment I bought Stigma, it actually introduced me to one of my best friends too. Still my favorite album of all time.
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it after escaping a date with a girl who looked much better on the Saturday night when I had drunk 13 bottles of alcoholic cider!! Laughing I didn't even know the album was out. I walked into a record store in the city and heard 'Getting Through'. I recognised the song and the salesperson told me that EMF's new album had come out that very day! I bought it straight away, but had to wait over an hour to get home on the bus before I could listen to it!
mrkl
Knows about "that song..."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't remember when or where i bought it.....but i remember in this time of life i never knew when new albums came out..i just always checked the record stores and hoped there's something i've been waiting for.......what i know is, that my first fav song on stigma was "inside"..and i remember how i went crazy in my room , with volume up, when no one else was at home.......wow...long time ago...but stigma is timeless !!! thanks EMF for this f***in great unique piece of music !!!

simply for its own sake !!!!...beautiful exists.....
hope to celebrate anniversary next year somewhere in the uk with EMF !!

cheers, mark from switzerland.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: