EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index EMF-TheBand.com
Official EMF Meeting Place

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STAR WARS EP III: Revenge of The Sith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cara
The Webmaster
The Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a full review!! But not too full. I'm seeing it in a little over 17 hours. Just let me know how good it is Very Happy
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cara you may have already seen this?

WOW! Is all I can say. It was so dark, so gut wrenching, so thrilling and so heartbreaking.

An awesome spectacle of special effects. A terrible tale of the corruption of evil. What Anakin/ Darth becomes is far more horrible than I could have imagined. What and who he betrays is heartbreaking ...

This is a very sad and very dark movie. This is not Star Wars for kids. It's agressive, hate-filled and gruesomely violent.

I'm floored by how George Lucas managed to pull together so many of the plot threads that he had to, to make this work. And it does work - an awesome movie!

Jason
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, some more details .... I can hold back no longer Exclamation Cara, I figure you'll be heading to the cinema right around the time that I post this ...

Yes, I absolutely LOVED it - in terms of its visual presentation, design and the way it brought the whole sage together. I saw the midnight screening and am paying for my journey to the Dark Side.

Wow, it was such a powerful movie, more so than any of the others, except perhaps The Empire Strikes Back.

While I love it, and was thrilled by the CGI, the action, the characterisation and the pick up in pacing, I can't really say that I enjoyed it.

This movie was so dark, so evil. What Anakin became is truly sickening, making the Darth Vader we see in the later movies appear to be a boy scout.

The tragedy of it all was just so overwhelming ... I think it is a very interesting reflection on the power of HATE.

This really was an amazing movie in every way. Visually, there were times where I just could not comprehend what was before my eyes.

Emotionally, I was drained and exhausted by the whole experience.

I mean for me, this really is the close of a MAJOR chapter in my life. For 28 years, Star Wars has literally been everything to me. The reason that I create and that I write all stems from George Lucas and Star Wars. In 1985, and age 11, I wrote my forst novel "Galactic War" a virtual rip off of the original trilogy.

Through this series of movies, George Lucas showed me the power of true imagination and showed me that genius truly is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration. He has given so much of his life to this story - and while he has reaped many rewards, so have we.

If he set out to make us HATE Anakin/ Darth through this movie, then I think he achieved that. Even if it means that I myself am giving in to the Dark Side ...

There are echoes of so much REAL evil in this movie. In Anakin's actions, I saw Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot ... The scariest thing about Ep III is that Lucas is reminding us that this happens on Earth, not just in a galaxy far, far away ...

A brilliant movie. I'm not ashamed to say that at the end I cried. Not just because this is the end of Star Wars, but because of the massive tragedy that had unfolded before my eyes ...

I got home after 3am, I got to work at 10 am - I am exhausted ...
Cara
The Webmaster
The Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason, I just got home from seeing it myself.

I agree with everything you said.

I sobbed like a baby at the end... the sheer tragedy like you said... I cried for Padme... I sobbed at the sight of the twin suns on Tatooine, my favorite scene in all the movies.

Never have I seen such evil as I did in Anakin when confronted by Padme and Obi-Wan. "LIAR!!!!" I had goosebumps for the last half of the movie.

Everything I wanted to see played out was... it was perfect. That really is the only word I can use to describe it, perfect.
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cara wrote:
I sobbed at the sight of the twin suns on Tatooine, my favorite scene in all the movies..

I agree, every time I hear that part in the New Hope soundtrack, I tear up. I think in Luke's gaze at the twin sunset, George Lucas captured all my dreams ...

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

It's 6:45 pm here and I haven't left work yet. I had 5 hours sleep today. I am wrecked!

Jason
Cara
The Webmaster
The Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatooine has always been a place I wanted to go. Smile

I only got 5 hours of sleep but I'm up and going to see it again at 10:30 this morning. Laughing
john

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez you guys i love star wars but you lot need therapy. Either that or there is nothing else to talk about??????? Whats the latest on derry's stuff cara??? all seems a tad quiet at the mo!
PS i think Lucas rocks, my fave films are the back to the future trilogys!!!!
Math
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this last night- realy enjoyed Very Happy Very Happy

Funniest moment Question
Yoda taking out Palpatines Guards whole cinema was in stiches Laughing

The Lightsabre duels were awesome
Louweezles
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen it twice now - didn't cry but came close to peeing my pants a few times.

I never thought i'd see R2D2 kick so much ass - c'mon that was pretty funny.

I still think it would be better if they replaced the little wooden boy with someone who can act......alright he'd improved a little bit but he still can't act. And as for the worlds shortest pregnancy, i wanna get me in on that action. F**k this nine months business she did it in a couple of weeks and it was twins!! Geez she shits me, would've been better if she got her tits out! Razz
Louweezles
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost forgot - even though it's rated M over here and really for people 15 and over some dick brought his kid to the midnight session. The boy would've only been about 6 i guess and when it got to the burnt to a crisp bit he stood up yelled "I HATE YOU DADDY" at the top of his lungs and bolted out. Man it was funny!!

Or am i just a heartless bitch?

Maybe i'm not ready for parenthood just yet!!
Louweezles
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john wrote:
Jeez you guys i love star wars but you lot need therapy. Either that or there is nothing else to talk about??????? Whats the latest on derry's stuff cara??? all seems a tad quiet at the mo!
PS i think Lucas rocks, my fave films are the back to the future trilogys!!!!

Pardon my ignorance John but i didn't think that George Lucas had anything to do with Back to the Future. I thought that it was Spielberg....hmm maybe i'm wrong.

But yes he does rock - i love Labyrinth and i know he did that. Embarassingly enough i also love Willow and i believe he was responsible for that as well. I think i need to grow up and watch proper films......nah!
Cara
The Webmaster
The Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen it 5 times now and loving it more and more each time Laughing
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louweezles wrote:
I almost forgot - even though it's rated M over here and really for people 15 and over some dick brought his kid to the midnight session. The boy would've only been about 6 i guess and when it got to the burnt to a crisp bit he stood up yelled "I HATE YOU DADDY" at the top of his lungs and bolted out. Man it was funny!!

Or am i just a heartless bitch?

Maybe i'm not ready for parenthood just yet!!

Lou, that's pretty funny.

I had a real rough time with my Dad, and I never really made peace with him after my parents got divoprced when I was 5. We fought for about 20 years on and off. Anyway, everything is good now, but there is one thing I will never forgive him for ...

Back in 1980, I was only 6. My Dad took me to see Empire Strikes Back, but we were really late and sat down as the Imperial Walkers started to attack the Hoth Rebel base ... I think that was when my relationship with my Dad started to go down the gurgler ...

I don't mean to joke about it - but it is sort of funny Razz

Jason
JasonBL
Resident Stigma Addict

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louweezles wrote:
Geez she shits me, would've been better if she got her tits out! Razz

Shocked Lou, I couldn't have said it better myself. Actually, reading this reminds me why I enjoyed Closer so much Wink

Jason
Louweezles
Probably has Stigma

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JasonBL wrote:
[
I had a real rough time with my Dad, and I never really made peace with him after my parents got divoprced when I was 5. We fought for about 20 years on and off. Anyway, everything is good now, but there is one thing I will never forgive him for ...

Jason

Don't feel bad at my 21st my dad was pissed and told everyone i was like the son he never had while my brother was sitting next to him.
All families are disfunctional - shit i haven't spoken to 'The Mother' in a while so i know how you feel. Damn bitch gave my toys to charity when i went overseas for a spell grrrrrr!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EMF-TheBand.com Forum Index -> Movies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: